"The shift in the planet's climate is affecting the health of patients -- and physicians are starting to see the results."
The Lancet (London) agrees: The Lancet’s landmark Health Commission: “Climate change is the biggest global health threat of the 21st century”
"The report notes that “Climate change will have devastating consequences for human health from”:
• changing patterns of infections and insect-borne diseases, and increased deaths due to heat waves
• reduced water and food security, leading to malnutrition and diarrhoeal disease
• an increase in the frequency and magnitude of extreme climate events (hurricanes, cyclones, storm surges) causing flooding and direct injury
• increasing vulnerability for those living in urban slums and where shelter and human settlements are poor
• large scale population migration and the likelihood of civil unrest."