Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bernanke Not the Only One Telling Romney to Bug Off?


DoD Not Making Plans for Sequester Cuts

"For months, even as congressional negotiations have faltered, defense officials have insisted that they aren’t planning for harsh automatic budget cuts slated to go into effect in January because lawmakers will find an alternative solution."

Read into this as much as you want. One way or another, could sanity still prevail?

Or, could things get much worse?

Pentagon press secretary George Little called the automatic cuts “irresponsible” and repeated that “it is time for Congress to enact a balanced reduction in the deficit and a law halting the entire sequestration.”

“It’s pretty difficult for members to make informed decisions about the issue if they don’t fully understand the consequences ... ,” another committee staffer said. “It’s hard to create enough urgency to solve the problem.”

For Pete's sake! If they only knew how true that was.  More than they're letting on publicly.

"... failing to present realistic alternatives to lower the national deficit and prevent a national security disaster."

That's a very twisted way to present voluntary austerity, depression, and economic suicide. It actually is a national security disaster, but not in the way they're representing it.  We better hope that sanity actually could prevail.

The Defense Department isn’t the only federal agency left in the budgetary limbo. In July, the Office of Management and Budget issued guidance to federal agencies instructing them to continue normal spending and operations “to avoid unnecessarily diverting scarce resources.”

Could it be that the whole fiat deficit issue could go away after the election ... by fiat?


2 comments:

Lori Franko said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMeatlCujB4

Suicide is Painless, MASH, lady and bird version, with vocals, we are FREAKING DOOMED!

Roger Ericksons Theme song:

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

[chorus]:

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...

[Chorus]

The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.

[Chorus]

The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.

[Chorus]

MASH
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[Chorus]

A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
'is it to be or not to be'
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you choose.



The military is freaking doomed, the banksters are freaking doomed, the citizens are freaking DOOMED! This sucker is going DOWN!

mike norman said...

I am certain that they will avoid deep defense cuts because they will find ways to take the money from social programs--food stamps, education, etc.