Sunday, April 7, 2013

New deal democrat — Let the Democratic Götterdämmerung begin


For many grass-roots democrats, this is a bridge - no, an ocean - too far. Any "democrat" who supports these proposals is never going to get my vote. Period. I will support any primary opponents and I will accept a one term GOPer if necessary to end the political career of any Grand Betrayers, replacing them with a progressive in 2 or 6 years. And I know I am far from alone.
There is no choice. The Rubicon has been crossed, the die have been cast. I know where I stand. Shortly people like Kos, who has been conspicuously silent on this issue, will have to as well. Specifically, he'll have to decide whether or not to ban about half his commenters, who are ready to bolt. Let the Götterdämmerung begin.
The Bonddad Blog
Let the Democratic Götterdämmerung begin
New deal democrat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometime back in 2011 I was having a strenuous debate with some Democrats on a progressive blog, and I argued that Barack Obama was going to destroy the Democratic Party. I think that prediction is coming true.