Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Jeb Bush's Entourage Filled with Neocons — Jessica Desvarieux interviews Lawrence Wilkerson


Video and transcript
WILKERSON: I think you'll recall that I was recently in New Hampshire and looking over the 19 candidates that had paid their $1000 in that state to commence the primary process. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush and so forth. As I looked over that cast of characters, I thought the only viable one really was Jeb Bush. Well just recently, as you probably are aware, he's made some statements that make me question my own judgment in that regard.

Those statements were something like, if he had the Iraq war to do over again, that is the 2003 war, the one his brother did, he would do it exactly the way his brother did it. And furthermore, his brother was his principal advisor on the Middle East. I attribute these kind of statements, though perhaps not quite as egregious, to the same kind of actions John McCain perpetrated when he picked Sarah Palin to be his vice president. After that, no one really took John McCain that seriously, certainly enough Americans to put him in the White House didn't take him seriously. Or, for that matter, Mitt Romney's overheard comment, and thus publicized comment about the percentage of Americans who basically were worthless.

These kinds of things ruin a person's potential even before they get started. I attribute Jeb's statements to the neoconservatives he has arrayed around him. They are as prolific around him now as they were around his brother, George W. Bush, and they are just as contaminative. They're just as dangerous. They're just as Luddite and stupid, in my views. Because their interests are not the interests of this country.
So whereas a week ago I would have said Jeb Bush gives me some hope for my political party, and I might even vote for him, I'm thinking now after statements like he just made, I wouldn't vote for him if he were the last candidate on earth.
The Real News Network
Jeb Bush's Entourage Filled with Neocons
Jessica Desvarieux interviews Lawrence Wilkerson

Also

AlterNet
Jeb Bush Isn't a Moderate -- He's a Neocon Extremist
Tom Hartmann

No comments: