Monday, July 6, 2015

Yanis Varoufakis — Minister No More!


Yanis out. The person the eurocrats love to hate is gone.
Soon after the announcement of the referendum results, I was made aware of a certain preference by some Eurogroup participants, and assorted ‘partners’, for my… ‘absence’ from its meetings; an idea that the Prime Minister judged to be potentially helpful to him in reaching an agreement. For this reason I am leaving the Ministry of Finance today. 
I consider it my duty to help Alexis Tsipras exploit, as he sees fit, the capital that the Greek people granted us through yesterday’s referendum.
Yanis Varoufakis
Minister No More!

1 comment:

Dan Lynch said...

The Saker share's Ian Welsh's view that TPTB will play hard ball with Syriza.

"My guess is that no amount of concessions from Tripras will be enough to keep him in power. He has humiliated the Eurobureaucrats and they will not forgive him. The only logical solution for the Empire now is to make an example of Greece."
.
"The next thing that will happen is a Greek Maidan, followed by accusations of police brutality and all the rest of the typical color revolution scenario."