Monday, October 14, 2019

A simple MMT advocate’s response to the Gavyn Davies article ‘What you need to know about modern monetary theory’

I haven't read it yet, and will look at it tomorrow morning, but it looks interesting, so I thought I would put it out now.

PDF

On 28th April 2019, the Financial times published an article by Gavyn Davies ‘What you need to know about modern monetary theory’. Phil Armstrong,  who is currently studying for a PhD at Southampton Solent University, had a response published in the letters section in the FT, the link is here (subscription required).
Phil has, however, written a fuller respons to the article, and GIMMS is please to publish it in the pdf below.

2 comments:

Tom Hickey said...

Excellent response. Very articulate. I was unaware of it. Thanks for posting.

Ralph Musgrave said...

I just read that Gavyn Davies article. It wasn't a particualry strong attack on MMT. I found the criticisms so mild that I can't be bothered dealing with them...:-)