Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Exposing the disinformation industry — Paul Robinson


What we knew already. The perps accuse others of doing what they themselves are doing or have done.

The power game.

When I was a young man, one of my mentors told me, "You need to study power." He went on to say that power is endemic, and the only ones that actually understand it are those that use it.

It's sort of like playing poker. If you don't know who the mark is, you are.

Irrussianality
Exposing the disinformation industry
Paul Robinson | Professor, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Ottawa

1 comment:

lastgreek said...

"The power game.

When I was a young man, one of my mentors told me, "You need to study power." He went on to say that power is endemic, and the only ones that actually understand it are those that use it."

Tom, shouldn't it be the "money game"? If you got the money, you got the means to bribe the politicians. It happens successfully all the time. What I find fascinating is how cheaply -- pennies on the dollar profits -- the politicians are bought. If these politicians had any self respect, they'd be asking for at least 50% of the profits ;)

"It's sort of like playing poker. If you don't know who the mark is, you are."

I'll just add that winning at poker (or any card game for that matter) is nothing more than luck. Of course, if it's a crooked game...

Btw, that infamous gambler Nick the Greek died penniless. Ditto for that other Greek Jimmy.