Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Peter Schiff's job creation proposals
For the past three years Warren Mosler has been putting out a very rational and easily achievable plan to restore output and employment. His ideas are intelligent, cogent and based 100% on the operational realities of our monetary system. Warren's ideas would lead to an elimination of poverty and a restoration of prosperity both in America and abroad.
Has Warren been asked to testify before Congress?
But Peter Schiff has. And here is what he said yesterday before the
House of Representatives Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, Stimulus Oversight and Government Spending. Here were his proposals for job creation. (Totally serious.)
1. Fed should hike interest rates significantly
2. Balance the budget immediately with huge spending cuts
3. Abolish the minimum wage
4. Repeal all Federal workplace anti-discrimination laws
5. Repeal all laws governing workplace conditions, overtime, benefits, leave, medical benefits, etc.
6. Abolish unemployment benefits
Please read Schiff's entire testimony here.
I don't know about you, but this has just made me sick to my stomach. I am literally ill. In a country where we have thoughtful, educated, intelligent, rational people like Warren Mosler, our representatives in Congress prefer to listen to the ravings of this depraved idiot, Schiff.
We are surely doomed. Surely as the sun comes up.