Thursday, January 3, 2013

Here's what I have to say to that marine who wrote that disrespectful and disgusting letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein

I don't know how many of you saw this, but this letter, posted by some marine corporal, is going viral on the Internet right now and in it, he shows some incredible disrespect for Senator Dianne Feinstein and, basically, our government and society.

Here ia the letter...

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

And here is my response to Corporal Boston...

Dear Corporal Boston:

You live in a society where there is a government and there are laws and you are expected to follow and obey those laws or be subject to the consequences. What you "feel" or "believe" is your right matters little as each of us in any civilized society, from time to time, are expected to give up some of our personal desires for the greater good of that society. I may feel it is okay or, my "right" to commit robbery, but society deems that to be unacceptable. That's how it works, Corporal Boston.

Sir, your disrespect for Senator Feinstein is a disgrace to our military and to the United States Marine Corp. Addressing Ms. Feinstein, a senior member of the United States Senate and Chairman of the Sentate Intelligence Committee as "some woman" is beyond disrespectful and an affront to all women.

You claim to be the flesh and blood of America, but there are 300 million other citizens who lay claim to that title as well and their voices deserve to be heard just as yours and they have, overwhelmingly, spoken up in favor of Senator Feinstein's proposed assault weapons ban.

Who do you think you are? Get something straight, you do not protect my freedom, nor do you protect the freedom of Senator Feinstein and her colleagues; it is the Constitution and the respect for the laws of this country that do, because that is the only thing keeping our military force from being turned against our own citizenry.

You, sir, do not deserve the honor of being called a United States Marine. You are an insubordinate low life, who's comments are inciteful and border on treason. It's a sad day for the U.S. military when they've bred a cretin such as you.

Mike Norman

19 comments:

Tom Hickey said...

He's been in the Corps for six years and is still a corporal?

Anyway, he just violated his oath to obey and defend the US Constitution and law of the land by saying he would do neither in a case of his own choosing. That's real Corps discipline, I tell ya. What are they teaching people in the Corps these days?

mike norman said...

Unbelievable! And he signs of with, "Respectfully..." Ha!!!!!!!

Bullish_Bear said...

You live in a society where there is a government and there are laws and you are expected to follow and obey those laws or be subject to the consequences. What you "feel" or "believe" is your right matters little as each of us in any civilized society, from time to time, are expected to give up some of our personal desires for the greater good of that society. I may feel it is okay or, my "right" to commit robbery, but society deems that to be unacceptable. That's how it works, Corporal Boston.

If this society that you are referring to decided that austerity and a balanced budget amendment was for "the greater good of that society", would you keep your mouth shut regardless of what you "feel" or "believe"?

You are right. We really should do away with that 1st amendment thingy.

Tom Hickey said...

Sorry, Bullish, when you are serving in the military, different rules apply as to what you can do and say than in private life.

I suspect the "Cpl." Boston is no longer serving, in which case he should have made that clear. If he is still serving, a dressing down is in order.

Tom Hickey said...

And if he is still in the Corps., it's pretty obvious why he is still a corporal after six years in. He's not the sharpest tool in the box.

mike norman said...

Bullish,

It has nothing to do with the First Amendment. He said what he said. I thought it was disgusting and I spoke my piece. And his "service" does not protect my freedom, let's just get that straight right now. I'm sick and tired of these military types telling me they're fighting for my "freedom," because they're over there in Afghanistan somewhere. That's bullshit. I am doing more to protect his freedom by doing the things that I do.

Anonymous said...

This rocks Mike.

The corporal seems to believe he lives in the United Patriarchy of America where men should not have to answer to women - no matter what degree of accomplishment, authority or rank they possess.

Has it occurred to him that millions of his fellow citizens who happen to live in the state of California elected Senator Feinstein to participate in making the laws in the constitutional society of laws he took an oath to protect?

Perhaps he should have written this letter to the people of California.

Dan Lynch said...

I agree with the corporal about DiFi.

DiFi is a fascist. Disrespecting her is no different than disrespecting any other fascist.

But let's continue the culture war, shall we -- it pleases the 1% to see the 99% fighting among themselves.



Tom Hickey said...

Almost all of them are fascists of one sort or another, but that is not an excuse for a military person to express disrespect for the law as a military person.

Bob said...

Mike the marine grunt is on the line with his life, he is placing his fear and anger in the wrong place just like the Fed applies its price controls in the wrong place and at the wrong time all the time. Term limits for the self serving elected officials , ( they are not my leader they just got elected). How much pork barrell has Fienstien gotten at the expense of those who play by the rules. Grunts serve this country and bleed for it, and that is the ultimate price, as compared to some blowhard who sits on secret committees and uses blind trusts to enrich themselves, but that is the game we have to play with, maybe someday it will get better. IMO

Tom Hickey said...

That grunt is just waking up to the fact he is running protection for US and Western plutocrats. Like Di Fi is the problem?

Joe said...

Mike N (and the rest,)

Your outraged and condescending reaction to the good corporal's letter is what's truly disgusting. Your response was dripping with deference to Feinstain who personifies the protected, entitled, elitist political class who seek to engineer a controlled society at the expense of personal freedom and responsibility. She deserves no more respect than anybody else. Her attack on gun rights and the 2nd amendment is absolutely fair game for anyone who disagrees, regardless of the recent atrocity in CT. It is an empirical fact that stringent gun control laws do nothing to curb gun violence, they only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens.
And the claim that this Corporal needs a “dressing-down” for speaking out against this Senator is ridiculous and embarrassing. The enlisted men and women do not serve the whims of the political class in this country, nor does their oath swear them to defend the “law of the land.” Their oath is to defend and uphold the Constitution against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC.
I am a combat veteran of Afghanistan and fully recognize that the nature of modern conflict isnt a clear-cut effort to protecting anyone's freedom here at home. But I also realize that fighting the enemies of the civilized world, along with empowering those who seek free societies, helps everyone in the long-run. So your dismissal of his service is classless and insulting.
I love MMT and your economics, but drivel like this is what drives away anyone center-right. Do yourself a favor and stick to econ.

Matt Franko said...

Wouldnt the process be:

1. Law passes

2. law is constitutionally challenged in court

3. law is found unconstitutional

4. certain govt entities then ignore the court and defy the court order

THEN: military gets involved to uphold constitution...

this guy seems like he wants to skip 1 thru 4
rsp,

Joe said...

Matt, totally unreasonable to expect any American serving in the military to keep silent during that process. This guy isnt saying anything treasonous.

Tom Hickey said...

Joe, I am former naval officer and Vietnam ver, and I stand by what I said. He is welcome to speak his piece as a private citizen. He did not do that. If he is still serving, that is out of line, and if he is not then he has no business calling himself military. He should identify himself as a veteran.

Veterans can, of course, identify themselves and their military background, as I often did after leaving the service in speaking out against the Vietnam fiasco.

Malmo's Ghost said...

He needs to respect the law whether he likes it or not, OR suffer the consequences. I also think he's jumping the gun here (NPI), as I don't think Feinstein's legislation is a slam dunk by any means. He doesn't, however, need to genuflect to Sen. Feinstein at all. He's well within his first amendment right to speak or write of her in a disrespectful manner as long as it doesn't rise to the level of slander or libel, which I don't think is the case here. Still, his letter comes off as an overreaction, and he'd have been better served if he just kept his thoughts to himself in this matter.

Matt Franko said...

Tom,

I think this "gun culture" gets back to 'metal-love' at some point .... looks like there is some sort of fear that is leading to the guns, etc .... you see a lot of the 'doomsday prepper' types going for guns and gold... both metal based...

btw Sales are WAAAAY up as folks start to think they may lose access to current available models...

Here is Alex Jones website you can see all of the ads for the gun stuff and gold/silver, off grid, dehydrated food, etc..

http://www.prisonplanet.com/

FD: no guns, but I do like the fact that I could go buy one if I/family felt threatened... I'd go right for a Rem 870 and .357 in that case and almost did during the "DC Sniper" episode a few years back... I was REAL close to loading up (was actually looking at an AR-15) but then they caught the 2 guys and I never did it...

rsp,

Tom Hickey said...

Low consciousness.

Tom Hickey said...

Elaborating on that. in times of stress, one's real character comes on display. It's "God's joke."