Friday, July 24, 2020

KV - Google vs Ecosia: Privacy

Blair Fix said he was going to move over to Firefox because Google keeps too much track on you. The search engine, Ecosia, plants trees with the money it makes, and it seems so have a good privacy policy. I've had it in my phone for a while and it seems to be okay, so I'm going to try it on my PC now. I hope it's top notch at keeping out scams and Trojans, I'll have so do more research.

Ecosia

Ecosia is a “privacy friendly” search engine. We take user privacy very seriously. By using Ecosia (instead of for example Google) you drastically reduce the amount of data that is collected about you. At Ecosia, we don't create personal profiles of you, but anonymize all searches after 7 days."

Ecosia 


https://www.ecosia.org

An unbiased review here (so the author says).

An Unbiased Review of Ecosia