Matt Franko brought to my attention the fact that WE at MNE were FIRST to point out that the SNB lost money on gold in 2013, It was discussed in the comments section of my blog post on January 16.
Both Cullen Roche and Business Insider put out that information on January 19 and I stupidly posted it up here even though we had been the first out with this information right here on MNE.
These other guys are reading us and not giving attribution.
Anyway, here is the link to my blog post from Friday, Jan 16. You can read the discussion in the comments. Pertinent parts are posted below.
Says they "made 38B" last year.... looks like almost all of it from their USD holdings gaining on the CHF.... (this is how they "make money"???)
BUT, says they "lost" 9B in 2013.....
"After failing to receive money for 2013, cantonal budget chiefs earlier this month urged the SNB to give them more money for 2014 to offset shortfalls in revenue from other sources."
