Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Loony Toones — Humor but not a joke

A Republican judge in Lubbock, Texas told a reporter on Tuesday that he and other officials are making plans for the possibility of “civil war” if President Barack Obama is reelected, warning that should the president cede control of the country to the United Nations, he’d prevent troops from entering the county.

“He’s going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?”Lubbock County Judge Tom Head (pictured, left) asked a reporter for a local Fox News affiliate during an interview that was supposedly about county business.
“I’m thinking the worst,” he deadpanned. “Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we’re not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we’re talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy. Now what’s going to happen if we do that? If the public decides to do that? He’s going to send in U.N. troops.”

Head concluded: “I don’t want ‘em in Lubbock County, okay? So I’m going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say ‘you’re not coming in here.’ And the sheriff, I’ve already asked him. I said, ‘You gonna back me?’ He said, ‘Yeah, I’ll back you.’ Well, I don’t want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me.”
The Raw Story
Republican judge in Texas warns of ‘civil war’ if Obama reelected
Stephen C. Webster

The sad thing is that the judge, like Rep. Akin, speaks for a lot of people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, give the man credit. That might be the only way to gain public approval for a tax increase in the state of Texas! Well that, or building a new high school football stadium.

paul meli said...

Saw this earlier and sent a it to my friends…curious what my Republican buddies think (my county is 70% Republican).

I would think this would be embarrassing to any moderate Republicans left out there. The ones I know (most of my friends) would vote for Satan before they voted for Obama.

It's a race to see if the crazies die off faster than their ability to screw things up.

Trouble is, I'm in the demographic that needs to hop off the twig.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!Very interesting!I watched this on Democracynow:

Craig Unger on New Book, "Boss Rove: Inside Karl Rove's Secret Kingdom of Power
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66EiLxdvHc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzKAQUYX2sY&feature=relmfu

SchittReport said...

watch this for true lunacy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29NeMJ1zQf8&feature=plcp