MOOC 1: One Planet Sustainable Leadership
A MOOC is a “Massive Open Online Course” offered free to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Presidio Graduate School is offering this four-part MOOC in support of our mission to provide access to cutting edge theory and practice in the field of Sustainable Leadership. Each session will provide a one-hour highly interactive learning experience—including quizzes, break-out discussions, and videos—in addition to post-session follow-up resources, tools, and models.
This One Planet Sustainable Leadership MOOC is designed to provide an open version of the Sustainable Leadership curriculum in the pioneering courses offered at Presidio Graduate School. Presidio has prepared over 700 MBA/MPA students to take on the challenges that come with building sustainable businesses and organizations.
Professors Cynthia Scott Ph.D. M.P.H. and Tammy Esteves Ph.D. will facilitate this course. They teach and guide student projects in Presidio’s MBA/MPA programs. Both are pioneers in applying behavioral science and collaborative leadership approaches to sustainability challenges. They draw upon a broad background of innovative consulting and thought leadership built from years of teaching in cutting-edge programs.
The course will have four one-week sessions:
• Week 1 Sustainability Leadership-session on 9/25, 1 PM PST;
• Week 2 Systemic Leadership-session on 10/2, 1 PM PST
• Week 3 Creating Sustainable Change-session on 10/9, 1 PM PST • Week 4 Leaders as Change Makers-session on 10/16, 1 PM PST
This course will provide you with tools and resources to:
• Think Like A Sustainability Leader: Apply sustainability thinking to strategy, brand positioning, product innovation and employee engagement.
• Provide Systemic Leadership: Discover leverage points for change, inside and outside your organization.
• Create Sustainable Change: Predict the stages of individual and organizational change so you can decrease resistance and increase commitment.
• Build Leadership Resilience: Attain personal and organizational resilience to maintain change and harvest innovation.
Download detailed course overview
For more information, contact Ryan Cabinte, Faculty Director, email@example.com or 415-655-8956.
(h/t Scott Fullwiler via Twitter)