Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I'm not buying the whole, Dow "Death Cross" thing. I think stocks move back up a bit.


Lots of talk about the Dow "Death Cross" today. That's when the 50 day moving average crosses below the 200 day moving average.

I don't rely much on moving averages. They're great for telling you what has happened, but their  not so great when it comes to telling you what is going to happen. Big difference.

Anyway, looking at the things I usually watch, which means the fiscal (spending) stuff, I don't see  any real pattern emerging. Actually, I take that back...I could almost see a rally back up.

The bottom line is I am not buying the whole Death Cross thing. I think it's bogus. I am, however, buying some stocks down here. Last Friday's purchase of Oasis Petroleum (OAS) is already up 35%. I bought that using the principles int the course I am teaching on Sunday.

No comments: