Monday, March 21, 2016

How I learned to pick stocks from a little book.

I'm a contributor for Real Money at the Street.com. My macro calls on the economy, stocks, the dollar, gold, etc have been great. Many of you have seen these calls here and they killed. I use my knowledge of economics, MMT, government spending flows and all important, market psychology.

Very often people email me and ask for stock tips. I am a long time trader having been a member of four exchanges (CME, NYMEX, COMEX, NYFE) as well as trading the "prop" account of Credit Suisse and managing some money for Paul Tudor Jones years ago.

My preferred trading markets are the Forex markets as you know.

However, I do invest in stocks.

Back in 2006 I had a radio show on BizRadio Network. A had a guest on once named Joel Greenblatt. He wrote, "The Little Book That Beats the Market." It was, I thinks, the first in that "Little Book" series. (And one of the best.)

In the book Greenblatt spelled out his formula for stock picking, which was a very simple formula of uncovering stocks that trade at deep value.

His ideas totally changed the way that I picked stocks. It was so simple and easy.

Along the way I made some tweaks to his approach. I incorporated my trading skills (buy low, sell high) and then added MMT, the government spending flows from the Daily Treasury Statement and Mental Game. (The latter is essential for any successful trading/investing.)

What I have come up with is an incredible stress free, highly rational and very successful formula for picking stocks that anyone can learn.

I am talking about high quality, brand name companies that pay dividends and are profitable. That's what you are buying.

So many people guess or go with tips or listen to brokers (who know nothing). I can teach you in a very short period of time how to be your own best stock picker. It's absolutely not hard.

With patience and persistence you can build your portfolio into something really meaningful with very little risk whatsoever.

Anyway, that is what I will be teaching in my Stock Trading Course, which  will be held online this coming Friday.

If you are interested click the button below.
 Stock picking course

No comments: