Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Get up! Australia - The way politicians talk about economics is wrong – and dangerous

When I first wrote on MNE's, I put out a glowing article on MMT, but I added some Jungian psychology, Buddhisn, and new age mysticism - all leading to a brave new world! I was full of enthusiasm, but I got called a windbag. Well, I did get carried away a bit as I was new to MMT and I simply adored it, because all of a sudden I saw we could afford to have a social democracy after all.

But just listen to this guy, he is as enthusiastic as me - but without the Jungian psychology.



The government is very excited about “returning to budget surplus”. But what does it actually mean? Because so far, chasing surpluses has gutted our schools and hospitals. It's stopped us from acting on climate catastrophe. It's condemned folks doing it tough to starve. Why? Because the government's surplus is our deficit. Our obsession with balancing a budget is killing us. And it's all totally, tragically unnecessary. Here's why.

4 comments:

Bob Roddis said...

When I first heard of MMT, I was horrified. It is a totally degenerate political policy whose sole purpose to rob and steal wealth from those holding the existing money and immorally transfer it to the friends of the current fascist regime without the victims knowing what has happened. All the while, the perpetrators insist to the victims that this is not happening and/or it's for their own good. It's gaslighting on a demonic scale of horrors.

I am even more horrified today to realize that people actually ascribe to MMT.

Tom Hickey said...

Kevin wrote: "When I first wrote on MNE's, I put out a glowing article on MMT, but I added some Jungian psychology, Buddhisn, and new age mysticism - all leading to a brave new world! I was full of enthusiasm, but I got called a windbag."

Hey, if Marianne Williamson can run for US president, you can say such things, too. Forget about the critics. You can't please everyone.

Kaivey said...

Thanks, Tom!

Kaivey said...

Nomi Prins, Max Keiser, and Stacy Herbert agree with you, Bob. They think MMT will just cause more inflation. But it's worth trying, because if it works it will be super brilliant for society, even a libertarian one.