Thursday, October 25, 2018

Bolton faces Putin’s dismay amid INF exit tension

I put this out before, but this is a different edit. I enjoyed seeing being able to see Putin talk this time.

I'm maybe naive, I know, but I kind of like Putin. You see here how he feels put out by the US position on Russia, because he believes his country has done nothing wrong. I like Putin's casual honest style. But I do need to believe in people as the world is too harsh, so I keep hoping there's a good guy somewhere. I know PCR feels like this too, which is one is the reasons I like so much.




Russian President Vladimir Putin has met with US National Security Adviser John Bolton, after the Kremlin said President Donald Trump's talk of quitting a decades-old Cold War-era nuclear arms control treaty was dangerous. In opening remarks, Putin told Bolton on Tuesday in Moscow that Russia was sometimes surprised by unprovoked steps that Washington took against Moscow. "We barely respond to any of your steps but they keep on coming," Putin said. In a bit of dark humor that underscored the moment, Putin quipped about the balance between peace and force represented by the Great Seal of the United States. "On the coat of the arms of the United States there's an eagle holding 13 arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other. My question is whether your eagle has gobbled up all the olives leaving only the arrows?" The visit by Bolton comes after Russia said it would be forced to respond in kind to restore the military balance with the United States if Trump followed through on his threat to quit the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) and began developing new missiles.

No comments: