Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Hard Work Is Overrated (feat. Gary Vaynerchuk, Casey Neistat, Elon Musk)

Remember those silhouettes in the newspapers, a black outline of a man with 'Success ' written underneath, where you can pay for a course to learn how to become successful? Hey, our society is all about becoming successful, and if you haven't become successful, then maybe you're a failure?

I've certainly worked very hard in my life, at work, and at college, as I was a workaholic, but I cured myself and nowadays. I prefer Buddhist non-striving.



Work hard, always hustle, never sleep… bad advice for 99% of people. But that’s the gospel preached by well-meaning dudes like Gary Vaynerchuk, Casey Neistat, Elon Musk and Eric Thomas. I love all those guys, and every now and then their words are exactly what I need to hear. But perhaps more often, I need to hear the opposite. You too?



2 comments:

Konrad said...

Work hard, always hustle, never sleep…

I knew a neurosurgeon from India who thought like that. He worked seven days a week for much of his life, and he made a great deal of money. As a result, he died of cancer like Steve Jobs of Apple.

All work and no play makes Jack a dead boy.

Andrew Anderson said...

But perhaps more often, I need to hear the opposite. kv

Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman keeps awake in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To retire late,
To eat the bread of painful labors;
For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.
Psalm 127:1-2