Sunday, July 5, 2020

Blair Fix - Why Isn’t Modern Monetary Theory Common Knowledge?

I still think my definition of what money is is the easiest one to understand, even if it's only me that can understand it. Blair Fix goes all around the houses, but the interesting thing for me is that he's on board for MMT.

I’ve always been baffled why ‘modern monetary theory’ is called a theory. I don’t mean this in a disparaging way. As far as theories of money go, I think modern monetary theory (MMT for short) is the correct one. But having a correct theory of money is a bit like having a correct theory of traffic lights.


Blair Fix - Why Isn’t Modern Monetary Theory Common Knowledge?


4 comments:

Matt Franko said...

“ I’ve always been baffled why ‘modern monetary theory’ is called a theory.”

The guy doesn’t know what a Theory is then....

Matt Franko said...

Might as well read this one too:

https://fourthgarrideb.com/2015/09/17/so-how-much-is-a-quid-a-bob-and-a-crown-really/

Matt Franko said...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moola

Maybe morons can try to figure out what ‘Moolah’ is next?

Matt Franko said...

“Clams”... “scratch “.... “ simoleons”... “benjamins”.......