The following is a multi-part symposium commissioned by theNational Interest and Carnegie Corporation of New York. Check daily (Monday-Friday) for new entries. Below you will find a brief introduction to the series by Jacob Heilbrunn, editor of the National Interest.Surprise. No one thinks that war is a good idea.
- Monday, November 28: Graham Allison, Steven Pifer, Paul Saunders, Ian Bremmer, Joseph Nye, Angela Stent
- Tuesday, November 29: Barry Posen, Jack Matlock Jr.
- Wednesday, November 30: Michael Kofman, Matthew Rojansky
- Thursday, December 1: Timothy J. Colton, Nikolas K. Gvosdev
- Friday, December 2: Andrew Kuchins, J. Andrew Spindler
- Monday, December 5: Paul Pillar, Thomas F. Remington
- Tuesday, December 6: Kevin Ryan, Daniel Treisman
Wednesday, December 7: Thomas Pickering, Julie NewtonThe National Interest
Symposium: Advice to President Trump on U.S.-Russia Policy
The National Interest and Carnegie Corporation