Thursday, February 25, 2016

David F. Ruccio — What do capitalists earn?

Yesterday, I asked the question, who are the capitalists? My answer was, they’re the tiny group of people (4500 or so individuals) who sit on the boards of directors of the nation’s largest corporations.
I also argued, capitalists appropriate, but don’t keep, the surplus. Instead, as members of corporate boards, they receive a small fee for attending meetings. They distribute the surplus to others, both inside and outside the enterprise.
Now, according to the Wall Street Journal, that seems to be changing. More and more capitalists are distributing to themselves shares of the surplus.…
Occasional Links & Commentary
What do capitalists earn?
David F. Ruccio | Professor of Economics, University of Notre Dame

3 comments:

Joe said...

Tell me again why the capitalists should be entitled to anything at all? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think the people who actually made the surplus should get the surplus.

Peter Pan said...

Property rights says so?

Joe said...

Most of these guys don't "earn" that much, rather they take a lot.