Saturday, February 13, 2021

Jean-Luc Godard - Pierrot Le Fou

I've become maxed out on politics because I have been very active on twitter for six months fighting Western propaganda and xenophobia. I think I did quite well and I picked up loads of followers, but I needed a rest, so I started up a new twitter account for science, art, film, music, metaphysics, spirituality and no politics. You probably don't share my interests, but I think that occasionally something different on MNEs looks quite good and gives variety. 


Jean-Luc Godard was a French film director who made the romantic thriller, Pierrot Le Fou, in 1965. I find the film very interesting, plus  I like Annie Karina, especially in this film, and I love anything to do with the sea, so I'm hoping to retire to the coast one day. 

But the film looks striking and I always thought it was because of the Technocolor, which was always rich and powerful, but I realised the other day that Jean-Lec Godard had deliberately shot the film using predominantly red and blue themes throughout, which gives it a surreal effect. I don't know any other film which has used colour like this. 






Pierrot Le Fou short review










A more indepth analysis. 


What is Pierrot exactly ? a video essay on Pierrot le fou (Jean-Luc Godard, 1965)




6 comments:

Ralph Musgrave said...

OMG: not another heroic leftie bravely fighting against "xenophobia", i.e. hatred of foreigners.

The problem with the xenophobia accusation is that the people who make the accusation make zero attempt to ACTUALLY PROVE the accusation 99.99% of the time. E.g. anyone who is opposed to mass immigration is automatically classed as a "xenophobe" when in fact there are a large number of good reasons for doubting the alleged benefits of mass immigration.

Moreover, when any group of people with brown skin rather than white skin object to immigration (e.g. Tibetans objecting to being overrun by lowland Chinese) then mysteriously the "xenophobe" accusation doesn't appear.

Peter Pan said...

When you spend time near a body of water on a summer day, the blue wavelengths affect how you perceive other colours, such as the land. It's a desensitizing effect.

Here's one of my favourites:
Le Sauvage (1975) - Mais vous ĂȘtes malade !

Kaivey said...

I'm not up for open borders either. I would prefer an emphasis on depopulation. But over many years done naturally. Boris Johnson's father said that 25 million was enough for Britain. I like the sound of that. Of course, this has to be sensibly because there are a lot of old people to support. It will take a long time. People have less children when they are richer. This is how to do it.

Matt Franko said...

Ralph every system has to have regulated interfaces.... textbook systems theory 101...

The left morons don’t understand this they have no training..,

They have Art Degree where you do finger painting and synthesize the colors of paint so they look at the unimportant different colors of the people with the unrelated varying melanin content in their epidermis and want to see them get mixed up like they learned in their finger painting training...

They are not trained to think about the real effects of unregulated interfaces...

It’s all in the training...

lastgreek said...

I am for open borders for countries -- like Great Britain and America -- who have a history of occupying and plundering other countries. Must give the refugees of said occupied and plundered countries the opportunity to screw as well. You know, what's good for the goose...

lastgreek said...

"They have Art Degree where you do finger painting and synthesize the colors..."

Lol... Matt, the great physics professor Paul Hewitt took painting courses as well as other arts courses.

As usual, Matt is confusing "angular speed" with "linear speed." :(