Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Tracy Chen — Chinese Consumers Now Rule the World. Get Used to It.

It’s way past time to stop calling China the world’s factory.

The country is increasingly the world’s consumer. Forget the old investment and export-focused growth model. Even more important is the changing nature of consumption, which no longer revolve around staples: Increasing sums are being plowed into movies, tourism and health care. Investors ignore this seismic shift at their peril....
The dragon is waking up.

Bloomberg View

1 comment:

Kaivey said...

A little off topic but I've got into Dragon Well - Long Jing - tea recently, superb, you can buy it cheap on ebay straight from China, so Chinese prices. I also like aged fermented Pu'er tea. It's low in caffeine because in the aging process it gets converted to something else. The stuff I have now is 26 years old but I have some on order which is 55 years old. I like first and second flush Darjeeling tea too. Jeff Brown (China - YouTube) got me into Pu'er tea. I can drink it at night.