Friday, September 23, 2016

The Saker — Why the recent developments in Syria show that the Obama Administration is in a state of confused agony

The latest developments in Syria are not, I believe, the result of some deliberate plan of the USA to help their “moderate terrorist” allies on the ground, but they are the symptom of something even worse: the complete loss of control of the USA over the situation in Syria and, possibly, elsewhere. Let me just re-state what just happened
The Vineyard of the Saker
Why the recent developments in Syria show that the Obama Administration is in a state of confused agony
The Saker

2 comments:

Peter Pan said...

No one will be held responsible for their crimes. Because "недоговороспособны".

Jonf said...

He makes a good point from my small corner of the world. It certainly appears to me that our strategy of supporting so called moderates is, shall we say, a little bit nuts. If we truly wanted the frozen conflicts in both Ukraine and Syria to come to an end, there seems to be a path forward. But then our small dicks would be exposed. Can't have that.

I am not at all sure, though, that Trump will negotiate a peace and Hillary will not. Hillary does have hawkish chops but there is not enough evidence yet to say what she will do. Trump has made threatening statements too with respect to ISIS. So what am I to believe? For me Trump has about zero experience in anything pertaining to government and reverses himself based on the morning weather report. Not my idea of a commander in chief.