Thursday, September 24, 2020

Martin Jacques - From Follower To Leader: The Story Of China’s Rise

Was covid-19 a test of governments, if so, China passed with flying colours while the West failed.

Within 40 years China has gone from an economy like rural India to one of the most advanced countries in the world. At this rate it will soon surpass all other countries. 

Martin Jacques discusses China’s raise in today’s drastically changing international environment. He navigates China’s position under the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the China-US Cold War. 

Martin Jacques - From Follower To Leader: The Story Of China’s Rise






This is how 5G is being applied in China. Yangshan Port, built in 2018, is a 24-hour unmanned intelligent automated port for loading and unloading, without workers and drivers, including trucks. Throughput of 700 million tons a year. 

This film has been speeded up. 


Watch a bridge erection machine build a viaduct in a valley in China. The self-developed machine can lift, transport, and install girders



Refurbishing a railway 


Chongqing, China.




11 comments:

Kaivey said...

The YouTube video isn't here. I will see if I can add it on my tablet.

Kaivey said...

I can see see the video on my tablet, but not my smartphone.

Kaivey said...

I put out a link to YouTube. I'm going to see if I can go back to the legacy version. I hope Google sort this out.

Peter Pan said...

Get a Chinese smartphone.

Kaivey said...

It is, that's why I'm wondering if it's being picked on. 😊

Matt Franko said...

"Get a Chinese smartphone."

"It is"


Classic....

Matt Franko said...

I can see them fine on my iphone 8 in US...

(Made in China too probably...)

Matt Franko said...

Kevin try to post one of your videos on clothing stuff in the UK or something ... something that doesn’t have anything to do with China...

See if that works..,

Kaivey said...

That's a point.

Kaivey said...

I can see the videos I put up, but not the YouTube one

Peter Pan said...

Don't make reference to Winnie to Pooh... or your phone might catch fire ;)