Monday, June 20, 2011

Ron Paul's Four Promises

“First, I will veto any spending bills that contribute to an unbalanced budget."


“Second, I will veto any spending bill that contains funding for Planned Parenthood, facilities that perform abortion and all government family planning schemes. Like millions of Americans, I believe that innocent life deserves protection and I am deeply offended by abortion. It is unconscionable to me that fellow Pro-Life Americans are forced to fund abortion through their tax dollars."

(He thinks that federal taxes fund federal expenditure. Someone please send him Warren Mosler's The Seven Deadly Innocent Frauds of Economic Policy before he makes a greater fool of himself.)

“Third, I will direct my administration to cease any further implementation of ObamaCare."

(Go back to letting insurance companies practicing medicine by denying treatment one's doctor recommends? Exclude people with pre-existing conditions? And what about those cost savings that CBO estimates? Oh, right, consumers exist for business.)

“And fourth, I will on day one of my administration begin to repeal by Executive Order unconstitutional and burdensome regulations on American business. I will be the first President to shrink the size of the Federal Register. We must create a favorable regulatory environment for U.S. business. This cannot be stressed enough.”

(Someone please ask Rep. Paul to read some of the writings of Prof. William K. Black on control fraud. The False Dichotomy between Banking Honesty and a Sound Financial System is a good place to start.)


4 comments:

AP Lerner said...

Promise #5: Depression

wilwon32 said...

I tried to read R Paul's book (don't recall name, but recent) within the past year and decided that he has no idea what he writes/talks about. He seem to think he is an Austrian school libertarian; to bad for the US and no wonder he doesn't understand B Beranke talk.

Crake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crake said...

Update: The real estate broker replied to me thanking me for the links I provided (Warren Mosler’s site and book) and helping arm him with facts in the debt debate.