Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Saker — How Russia Is Preparing for WWIII

I have recently posted a piece in which I tried to debunk a few popular myths about modern warfare. Judging by many comments which I received in response to this post, I have to say that the myths in question are still alive and well and that I clearly failed to convince many readers. What I propose to do today, is to look at what Russia is really doing in response to the growing threat from the West. But first, I have to set the context or, more accurately, re-set the context in which Russia is operating….
The Unz Review
How Russia Is Preparing for WWIII
The Saker

3 comments:

Ryan Harris said...

This is the Russian equivalent of GW Bush's bombastic, BRING IT ON.

Peter Pan said...

Russia is maintaining their deterrent capability, which is consistent with MAD doctrine. It's all good, now go back to sleep.

Tom Hickey said...

This is the Russian equivalent of GW Bush's bombastic, BRING IT ON.

Not really. Saker makes the point that the Russian don't threaten. They set boundaries and they act.

Chinese too. When the MacArthur approached the Chinese border during the Korean war, they swarmed over the border even though they were poorly armed relative to the US but they drove the US back with sheer numbers. MacArthur wanted to nuke them but Truman nixed it.