Sunday, January 8, 2017

Brian Romanchuk — The Determination Financial Asset Holdings In SFC Models

This article discusses how I systematically generate the systems of equations that determines financial asset holdings within the Python sfc_models framework for Stock-Flow Consistent (SFC) models. It should be noted that despite the generality of the title, I am only discussing how I attacked the problem (the results of my technique is consistent with the literature that I have studied). The existing literature relies on the derivation of system equations by hand, and so the modelling techniques used by others are less constrained than the algorithmic equation generation I use.
(This article is technical, and aimed at those with an interest in SFC models, or more generally, an interest in how to set up a mathematical macro model. It will presumably make its way into an upcoming book on SFC modelling in Python.)

Bond Economics
The Determination Financial Asset Holdings In SFC Models
Brian Romanchuk

No comments: